Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Powder

I made my own zen garden!


I used spices and other cooking supplies to spell out their labels.





For this piece I reflected on how I like to take things with me and I decided that I would like to take a piece of Flagler with me when I graduate. I took sand from the Flagler volleyball court. I thought more about what comes after graduation and that  don't know yet where I will end up and decided I wanted piece of home too hence the "snow". Combining two places that have helped shaped me and I can take this jar where ever I end up.


I ground up pieces of charcoal and dumped them into this paper basket I made, put clear tape over the opening and then shook the basket so the charcoal stuck to the tape making the inside of the basket look as if it was made of black paper. 



This is the paper I used to grind up the charcoal and I thought it came out strangely interesting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment