Monday, September 9, 2013

Water

I used cutout letters to make the word uniform and then used a sponge to lightly apply water to the wood. 



Googling how to use water as art I mostly came across nail polish techniques. I tried a few and none worked, but I did enjoy the way the nail polish would sit on top of the water. 


I put water directly onto my camera lens and took a picture of a picture so that the image became distorted in only a select area. 


I chose to put maple syrup in a mason jar. I like the texture mixed with the water and the way it sat on the bottom instead of floating. Also when looking down upon the jar it appears that all of the water is brown. When looking at it from other angles there also appears to be a layer on the top of the water even though there isn't. 





Inspired by my work with the thread and the DVD I put droplets of water on a CD to see the effect of the rainbow within the water droplet. I took a picture with and without a flash to see how they differed. 




I put water and fork into a cup of water. I covered the fork in tinfoil hoping I would later pull it out. Alas I was sadly mistaken, but I loved the way the ice froze around the fork and it formed these beautiful ice crystals that hung down on the inside. 

I like the sound of water and thought it would be nice to have a small memento with me where I could shake it and hear the sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment